Wireless Registry is a tech company that builds a dynamic graph knowledge base of relationships among wireless devices to reveal the world through signals. Our platform provides customers solutions around contextual and behavioral identities for spaces and things. Wireless Registry has a great team, flexible work environment, and committed investors.
Available opportunities are posted below. Positions are in Washington, DC and/or Denver, CO. US work authorization is required. Wireless Registry is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
To apply, please email us at email@example.com. Be motivated and excited; tell us about the projects you have worked on, the problems you have solved, and why you liked doing it.
+ Platform Engineer - Infrastructure
Wireless Registry’s infrastructure engineers are responsible for building the platforms and tools that run our microservices architecture. The platform team’s focus is to provide developers and data scientists an automated, stable, and scalable platform, so services can be simply deployed without concern for underlying mechanisms.
- Developing and maintaining the platform that runs our microservices, processing incredibly large amounts of streaming data.
- Identifying developers’ needs and writing/maintaining tooling to reduce deployment friction through continuous integration techniques.
- Writing automation software, internal tools, and operators to support deploying, running, and monitoring stateful and stateless services.
- Responding to production incidents. Participating in root cause analysis. Implementing solutions for increasing reliability.
- Identify service scaling boundaries, instrument for resource usage, and implement an appropriate scaling technique.
- Experience with UNIX systems administration including solid scripting skills.
- Familiarity with configuration management systems.
- Experience with container-based runtimes (docker) and container schedulers (kubernetes or hashicorp nomad).
- Experience developing in Go.
- Experience of building and maintaining REST or gRPC services on a cloud platforms.
- Willingness to contribute to open source projects.
+ Data Scientist
We are looking for Data Scientists interested in applying ML to our temporal graph of wireless signals and devices.
In the short-term, we want to expand our efforts in:
- Clustering techniques to find partial orderings between wireless signals and devices;
- Distance metrics between signal clusters to support mutual authentication between devices;
- NLP techniques to extract semantic entities from signal identifiers.
In the long-term, we are developing:
- A notion of behavioral identity associated to devices based on the time-ordered observations of wireless signals;
- The use of identity-metrics to identify communities of signals and devices, and characterize them with relevant features.
- Ideate and develop algorithms/processes to support both our short-term and long-term objectives.
- Critically compare and pick ML techniques best suited for our goals.
- Liaise with business teams to refine value propositions and explore new opportunities for productization.
- Innovate as part of a dynamic team in a new space.
- 3+ years of data science experience in a professional environment.
- An advanced degree in a quantitative field like mathematics, physics, or computer science.
+ Distributed Systems Engineer
We are looking for Distributed Systems Engineers interested in diving into all levels of our system: data input, monitoring, storage, and output.
Wireless Registry has thus far built on top of Cassandra, Kafka, Zookeeper, and Solr to construct our graph backend. The graph query engine is written in Go and deployed as a microservice in Kubernetes. We are not, however, married to this stack!
We are looking for team members who will challenge and break our current assumptions, and help us build a better system. In particular, we want engineers willing to experiment and build on top of current state-of-the-art open source streaming and DB stacks.
- Challenge the assumptions underlying our temporal graph storage.
- Derive requirements from our product roadmaps, and operationalize them.
- Explore and propose new ways to implement our pipelines and data models.
- 2+ years of breaking and fixing streaming data systems.
- Deep understanding of distributed systems concepts such as failures, consensus, work distribution/coordination, etc.
+ Product Manager
As Product Manager, you’re the bridge between Engineering and Business. Define and execute products, from the ground up, for a wide variety of customers. To do so, you combine insight into the customer’s needs and requirements with your deep technical knowledge, and add your innovative and creative genius. An entrepreneurial, self-motivated attitude ensures your success in this dynamic startup environment.
- Develop a complete understanding of Wireless Registry’s unprecedented platform and value proposition.
- Understand the customer’s needs and requirements (today and in future).
- Own your products, from ideation and development to launch and implementation, and all through evaluation and measurement.
- Guide the process from start to finish: prioritization, roadmaps, and execution.
- Build consensus around your vision across teams and help shape the company’s positioning.
- Define and implement metrics that measure and monitor success.
- Innovate and create as part of a dynamic team in a very new space.
- Product management and design experience.
- Familiarity withthe mobile app ecosystem and pain points.
- Experience in technical architecture (web and media applications and/or data and platform-based products).
- Experience designing and implementing user interfaces (from mocks and wireframes through to live launch).
- Experience leveraging data to make decisions and drive growth.
- Some dev and coding skills.
- Self-motivated team player with an entrepreneurial, innovative mindset.